We can even organise to have your loan pre-approved before your SMSF has been setup!
Because we keep close partnerships with specialist legal, financial and property experts, we have all your SMSF needs covered. We Can:
- Organise to have your SMSF set up. Our partners, Super Finance Professional Networks, have helped hundreds of Australian investors set up their SMSF and enjoy the benefits. They will give you accurate advice about SMSFs so that you can decide whether this is the best option for you.
- Find you the best lending solution (and even organise to have your loan approved before your SMSF has been setup).
- Give you access to the best lawyers, financial advisors and SMSF property experts.
- Answer any questions you have about the SMSF process.
When an SMSF is setup correctly with the right lending structure there are many advantages, including:
- More control over your investments.
- Access to wider investment options like property.
- Greater tax incentives.
- The opportunity to maximise returns so that you can reach your retirement goals faster.
- Lower superannuation administration fees.
Understanding Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements (LRBAs)
Did you know that in 2007, changes to superannuation laws allowed SMSFs to borrow money to buy property via Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements (LRBA)?
What’s a Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangement?
Under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (SIS Act), trustees of SMSFs are prohibited from borrowing except when borrowing under a limited recourse borrowing arrangement (LRBA). An LRBA is a loan to an SMSF for the purpose of acquiring an asset.
For protection against other retirement investments, LRBAs are non-recourse loans, which means the bank can’t come after your other SMSF assets if the fund defaults on the loan.